Cleaning Your Filter
Frequently Asked Questions
Pressurized Irrigation Rates
You are here:
Public Works / Engineering
Notice of Outdoor Water Conservation
- Effective 2016
Highland City’s pressurized irrigation (PI) system is a valuable resource for residents. The City’s primary water source for the PI system is the American Fork River and water from Deer Creek Reservoir. These sources of water will be limited due to a series of winters with below normal snow pack and low reservoir levels. As such, Highland City is encouraging water conservation efforts to allow sufficient water throughout the spring and summer to all residents.
Typically, our community uses 50% more water than necessary to water our yards.
It is necessary for all residents to conserve water wherever possible to avoid any mandatory watering restrictions. In order to accomplish this, we are asking that you follow these guidelines to help conserve water.
These guidelines are meant to not only help us conserve water but also to help with the functionality of the PI system city-wide.
Please follow the guidelines below:
• Even Numbered Street Address: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
• Odd Numbered Street Address: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
• No Sunday Residential Watering, allowing the storage facilities to fill.
• Recommended watering hours from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Prepare your lawn and yard by taking the following conservation measures:
• Water deeper and less frequently
• Mulch around outdoor plants and shrubs
• Raise the lawn mower to retain moisture near grass roots
• Provide recommended fertilizer to lawns
• Spot water dry spots with a hose versus running a sprinkler cycle
• Adjust sprinklers to water lawns, flowers, and gardens to avoid excessive flow and runoff onto sidewalks and streets.
• Adjust sprinkler timers through the year and do your part to conserve water by turning off sprinklers after rain storms.
Through proper utilization and conservation of our precious water resources all residents will have sufficient water through the year.
For questions, please contact the City Offices at (801) 756-5751.
Powered by CivicPlus
5400 W. Civic Center Dr., Suite 1, Highland, UT 84003
Ph: (801) 756-5751 | Fx: (801) 756-6903
After Hours Public Works Emergencies: (801)420-2553
City Office: Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am - 6:00 pm, Closed Friday
Court: Ph: (801) 772-4525 | Mon. – Thurs. 8:00 am – 5:00 pm | Fri. 2:00 - 5:00 pm (Summer Hours)