George Lorenzo and Mary Jones Comer: George was born May 30, 1855 in Machen, Monmouth, Wales to George and Mary Ann Smith Comer. His father was a member of the Nauvoo Legion. Mary was born February 11, 1858 in Dowles, South Wales to John and Ann Griffiths Jones. She came to America in 1866. They were married March 30, 1882 and apparently had seven children: Mary Ann, Maud Elizabeth, John, William, Robert, Hazel and Ruben. In 1900 they were living in Lehi on Sego Lily Street. His patent for 120 acres south of Albert Preece was finalized March 17, 1887, the same day as Edward Harrison’s.
In a history of the Lehi Beet Sugar Factory by Leonard J Arrington, his farm was named as the first place to grow sugar beets for the new factory in 1891. That first year 1500 acres of beets were planted. This acreage would have been on the NE corner of 9600 N, 6800 W, where the Highland South LDS Stake building now stands.
George died December 12, 1931 in Lehi and Mary died July 30, 1958, also in Lehi and they are buried in the Lehi City Cemetery.
Previous: Christiansen family
Next: Cooper family
Highland Historical Society Home Page
Highland Historical Society Mission Statement
Highland History Chapters (compiled by: Charles T Greenland):
1958 Highland Aerial Map - Interactive
1958 Highland Aerial Map - Large
Highland Family Histories
1958 Highland Homes & Families (table with addresses)
Highland Censuses (and LDS Ward Membership List)