Obtaining a Library Card
Library Card Application
Highland City residents can obtain free library cards through the following process:
- Complete a Highland City Library Card Application. This may be obtained in the library or download the application (PDF).
- Provide a photo ID and a proof of residence, such as utility bill, rental agreement, or any piece of mail postmarked in the last 90 days with your name and address.
- Present all information at the Circulation Desk.
- If you are unable to come into the library, call the Circulation Desk (801-772-4528) and ask how you can set up a Library account remotely.
Note: Children age five and older may obtain a library card that is attached to their parent's card.
Library Cardholder Responsibilities
A library cardholder is responsible for:
- All materials, fines, and fees charged to their library card, regardless of who uses it, until it is reported lost or stolen.
- All transactions on any card belonging to their minor children or any persons for whom they are legally responsible.
- All losses and/or damages to library materials checked out on this card.
- Prompt payment of any charges incurred.
- Prompt notification of any change of address, phone number, or email address.
- Immediate notification of missing card.
- Adhering to the Patron Behavior Policy (PDF).
Nonresidents may obtain a Highland City Library card for $70 per year. Payment may be made by credit card, cash, or check. Alpine and Cedar Hills reimburse their residents for part of the cost of a card.
Using other Utah County library cards at Highland City Library
People with library cards from American Fork, Pleasant Grove, Lehi, and Eagle Mountain libraries may register to use their cards at the Highland City Library. View rules regarding patrons from these libraries.