Garbage & Recycling
New Garbage Provider and Pick-up Schedule
Curbside trash and recycling services for Highland City residents will switch to Waste Management of Utah (WM) beginning the last week of June. More information is available on the Provider Switch Announcement page.
- All trash/recycle containers must be placed outside by 7 a.m. on collection day.
- Place the container in the street with wheels against the curb or within two feet of the blacktop, and the front of the container facing the street.
- Containers must be placed four feet apart from other containers and eight feet from mailboxes, poles, fences, trees, or parked vehicles for easy access.
- Please bag your trash and make sure bags fit in the cart with the lid closed.
- The following items can be recycled: aluminum and steel cans; plastic bottles, jugs, and jars; cardboard and boxboard; and paper. All items must be clean and dry.
- Do not bag your recyclables in a plastic garbage sack.
- Garbage collection is Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Please see the route map for your specific pickup day.
- Recycling collection is every other week. See the Recyclable Calendar and Acceptable Items (PDF) handout.
- Observed holidays will delay service by one day for all days that fall on or after the holiday.
- All other holidays are normal collection days.
Observed Holidays Impacting Collection 2020
Services will be delayed by one day the week of:
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7
- Contact Waste Management directly at (888) 496-8824. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Contact Highland City at (801) 756-5751.
- Or fill out our online Garbage and Recycle Can Change Application.
- If service is terminated earlier than 12 month, you will be assessed a $10.00 retrieval fee per cart removed. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- There is a $75.00 replacement container fee that will be billed if a replacement can is requested. E.g. your can blew away in a storm and you are unable to locate it.
- There is a $45.00 container exchange fee for residents who request a new cart simply because it's dirty.
- No fee is assessed if the container becomes damaged due to normal wear and tear and needs to be replaced or repaired. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|$10 Retrieval Fee||If the trash / recycle container is removed earlier than 12 months.|
|$45 Container Exchange Fee||If a new container is requested simply because the old one is dirty.|
|$25 Overage Fee||If the container is overfilled and 2 previous warnings have been given, this fee will be applied.|
|$25 Reactivation Fee||If services are being reactivated after the container(s) have been removed due to non-payment.|
|$25 Container Re-delivery Fee||If within 12 months, you've contaminated your container 3 times and been warned, you will lose the can for 6 months. If you would like to reinstate service, this fee applies.|
|$75 Replacement Container Fee||If the container is lost and must be replaced.|
|$25 Contamination Fee||If you are putting garbage in recycling or inappropriate things in garbage.|