Garbage & Recycling
- All trash/recycle containers must be placed outside by 7 a.m. on collection day.
- Place the container in the street with wheels against the curb or within two feet of the blacktop, and the front of the container facing the street.
- Containers must be placed four feet apart from other containers and eight feet from mailboxes, poles, fences, trees, or parked vehicles for easy access.
- The container lid should be able to close fully.
- Recyclable items (PDF).
- Do not bag your recyclables in a plastic garbage sack.
- Garbage collection is every Friday.
- Recycling collection is every other Friday.
- Specific holidays will move collection to Saturday instead of Friday for that week. The affected holidays are listed below.
- All other holidays are normal collection days.
- View the 2020 calendar (PDF).
Holiday Collection 2020
- New Year’s Day - pick up on Saturday, January 4
- Memorial Day - pick up on Saturday, May 30
- Labor Day - pick up on Saturday, September 12
- Thanksgiving - pick up on Saturday, November 28
- Christmas - pick up on Saturday, December 26
- Contact Republic Services directly at (801) 924-8500.
- Notification regarding a missed container made before 3 p.m. on your regular collection day may be scheduled for a go-back that same day.
- Notification regarding a missed container made after 3 p.m. on your regular collection day may be scheduled for a go-back the following Tuesday.
- If notification regarding a missed container is made a few days after your regular collection day , we will not be able to return until the next scheduled collection day.
- Recycle containers that have trash in them will not be dumped as trash and will be called into the city.
- Items that are too heavy for the truck arms to lift will not be accepted (i.e. bricks, rocks, etc.).
- Containers that are overloaded will not be serviced. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Contact Highland City at (801) 756-5751.
- Or fill out our online Garbage and Recycle Can Change Application. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Contact Republic Services directly at (801) 924-8500.
- Cans damaged through long use, or damaged by the garbage truck do not incur a cost to replace.
- You will need to purchase a new can if the can was damaged through neglect or due to an accident.
- If your can goes missing (i.e. snow storm, wind storm, or is stolen), it is your responsibility to attempt to locate the can, or purchase a new one. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>