Home Occupation Requirements
Home Occupation Business License Application Procedure
- Register your business with the Utah Department of Commerce - Division of Corporations & Commercial Code. Visit One Stop Business Registration to complete this registration.
- Complete the Highland City Home Occupation Business License application. Copies can be picked up at City Hall or you may download the application (PDF).
- Application Process:
- Fill out all forms.
- If individuals come to the home business, it is required that a notification letter be sent to all surrounding property owners within a 300' radius of your home's property lines. To generate a list of those surrounding property owners, click here for instructions: Home Business Notification Procedure (PDF).
- If your home occupation is a preschool, daycare or dance studio, a fire inspection is required. Please contact Lone Peak Fire Department at (801) 763-5365 to schedule your inspection.
- Submit the completed application, notification procedure, and fire inspection, if required, at the Highland City offices. Include any necessary fees with your application.
- If your Home Occupation Business License is approved through the application review process, the Business License Official will mail your business license within 1 to 2 weeks. We will contact you with any questions regarding your approval. If you choose to pick up your license in person, please make us aware when dropping off your application.
- Licenses are valid July 1st through June 30th of each year. Renewal letters are mailed prior to the expiration of licenses.