News Flash Home
The original item was published from 9/11/2018 8:20:00 AM to 9/20/2018 8:34:09 AM.
What's Happening in Highland
Posted on: September 11, 2018
[ARCHIVED] City Council Brief
Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for September 4:
See the full council brief at http://bit.ly/2Mmrax6 for more details. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions in 2018 click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.
- Unscheduled Public Appearances included comments from Roger Dixon, Camren Asay and Tim Chervick
- Presentations from Youth City Council Deputy Mayor Belle Sutton and Kory Holdaway with KMH Consulting & Government Affairs regarding Ranked Choice Voting
- City Council approved the minutes from August 7, 2018 as amended
- City Council approved the continuation of the Urban Deer Control Plan - Maintenance Program for 2018 through 2021
- City Council continued the ratification of the Library Board Appointments to September 18, 2018
- City Council approved a $10 Library Test Proctoring Fee
- City Council amended the budget for a full-time Pressure Irrigation Laborer
- City Council continued the contract with Lewis Young Robertson & Burningham for the Highland City Market Analysis
- Presentation by Republic Services was continued to October 2, 2018
- Mayor/Council and Staff Discussion and Communication Items included an update regarding outsourcing Landscaping/ Maintenance
- Closed sessions were held to discuss the purchase exchange, or lease of real property and the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual as provided by UCA 52-4-205