News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/22/2019 8:21:00 AM to 3/22/2019 8:23:10 AM.
What's Happening in Highland
Posted on: March 22, 2019
[ARCHIVED] City Council Brief
Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for March 19:
See the complete Council brief at http://bit.ly/2OiR5IQ. See a history of all council briefs at https://HC-CC-Briefs. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.
- Unscheduled public appearances included comments from Wayne Tanaka regarding the Library's Fairytale Ball and Tournament of "Highlandia".
- City Recorder Cindy Quick was presented with the designation of Master Municipal Clerk
- City Council approved the meeting minutes from February 19, 2019
- City Council approved a request from Cole Peck for a one-lot subdivision
- City Council approved a conditional use permit for a salt storage building
- City Council denied the temporary use permit for an aqua park
- City Council continued an amendment to the Municipal Code for short term rentals
- City Council continued the adoption of a municipal transient room tax
- City Council continued the security upgrades for the Justice Center
- Council Member Ed Dennis will serve as Mayor Pro-Tempore for 2019
- Mayor/Council and Staff discussion and communication items
- Finance Director Gary LeCheminant oriented the Council with the budget calendar for fiscal year 2019/2020
- Assistant City Administrator Erin Wells reported the results of the 2019 resident survey