News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/22/2019 1:40:00 PM to 5/22/2019 5:54:53 PM.
What's Happening in Highland
Posted on: April 23, 2019
[ARCHIVED] City Council Brief
Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for May 21:
Council Brief for May 7:
- There were no unscheduled public appearances
- Mayor Mann presented Mike Kennedy with a Recognition Award and a Highland Hero pin
- Mark Welcker proposed that the Council join the Point of the Mountain Chamber
- Youth City Council Deputy Mayor Tayton Godwin gave a Youth Council update
- City Events Manager Julie Tapusoa gave an event update
- City Council approved meeting minutes for April 2nd and 16th
- City Council continued the designation of open space property for disposal and removal of trails in the Beacon Hill the Highlands subdivision
- City Council continued the designation of open space property for disposal and removal of trails in the Windsor Meadow subdivision
- City Council passed the Time, Place, and Manner Ordinance
- Mayor Mann discussed with Council the length of Council meetings and suggested they end by 10:00 or 10:30 pm. He discussed possible processes to make that happen.
- Assistant City Administrator Erin Wells provided an update with the results of the open house survey
- Council Member Kurt Ostler gave an update to the Council regarding the possibility of a zip code for Highland residents
- Council Member Scott L. Smith asked for Council direction regarding a request from North Utah Animal Shelter Board
- Council, Mayor and Staff held a closed session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation as provided by Utah Code Annotated 52-4-205
See the complete Council brief at http://bit.ly/2KXsCdS. See a history of all council briefs at https://HC-CC-Briefs. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.