Click here for a brief on the most recent City Council Meeting.
Council Brief for May 21
Council Brief for June 4:
- Wayne Tanaka representing Friends of the Library reported on the huge success of the Summer Reading Program and the rewards that will be provided.
- Mayor Mann presented Mike Kennedy with a Recognition Award and a Highland Hero pin
- Mark Welcker proposed that the Council join the Point of the Mountain Chamber
- Youth City Council Deputy Mayor Tayton Godwin gave a Youth Council update
- City Events Manager Julie Tapusoa gave an event update
- City Council approved meeting minutes for April 2nd and 16th
- City Council continued the designation of open space property for disposal and removal of trails in the Beacon Hill the Highlands subdivision
- City Council continued the designation of open space property for disposal and removal of trails in the Windsor Meadow subdivision
- City Council passed the Time, Place, and Manner Ordinance
- Mayor Mann discussed with Council the length of Council meetings and suggested they end by 10:00 or 10:30 pm. He discussed possible processes to make that happen.
- Assistant City Administrator Erin Wells provided an update with the results of the open house survey
- Council Member Kurt Ostler gave an update to the Council regarding the possibility of a zip code for Highland residents
- Council Member Scott L. Smith asked for Council direction regarding a request from North Utah Animal Shelter Board
- Council, Mayor and Staff held a closed session to discuss pending or reasonable imminent litigation as provided by Utah Code Annotated 52-4-205
- Unscheduled public appearances included comments from Neal Evans
- Council approved the consent agenda as follows:
- Meeting Minutes from April 25, 2019
- Designation of Open Space Property for Disposal and Removal of Trails in the Beacon Hill the Highlands Subdivision
- Interlocal Agreement with Utah County Community Development Block Grant Program
- Contract with Eckles Paving for road patching project
- Contract with M&M Asphalt for crack sealing project
- Contract with Morgan Pavement for the Onyx seal coat project and Holbrook Asphalt Co for bonded matrix overlay and HA5 seal coat project
- Council approved amendments to Section 3-510 of the Development Code
- Council adopted the Tentative Budget for FY 2019/2020
- Council approved the Fairfield Cove Planned Development District
- Council approved the Ridgeview Planned Development District
- Council, Mayor and Staff held a closed session to discuss the purchase, exchange, or lease of real property as provided by Utah Code Annotated 52-4-205
See the complete Council Brief for May 7th at http://bit.ly/2WkpzB0
and the complete Council Brief for May 21st at http://bit.ly/2Esx6n4. See a history of all council briefs at https://HC-CC-Briefs. The full agenda and audio is available at http://bit.ly/HC-agendas. For a voting history of all council motions click here http://bit.ly/HC-CC-Voting-History.