City Council recently passed an ordinance allowing short-term rentals in the City and establishing conditions which must be met to keep the residential character of our neighborhoods protected.
Some of these conditions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Owners of short-term rentals are required to have a Highland City business license and are subject to taxes and fees, including the transient room tax.
• Unless the property is owner-occupied, the minimum duration of the rental is 2 days
• Occupancy limits have been set to ensure health and safety.
• Parking for short-term rentals must be contained in the driveway, garage or carport, and shall not be permitted on the street or in the yard.
• Minimum standards for management and maintenance have been clarified, including maintenance of the property, garbage, and noise.
• If the property is in an HOA, short-term rentals are still subject to the CC&R’s of their HOA.
For more detailed information regarding this new ordinance, please see https://www.highlandcity.org/336.