Click to Home

Go To Search
George Lorenzo and Mary Jones Comer:  George was born May 30, 1855, in Machen, Monmouth, Wales to George and Mary Ann Smith Comer.   His father was a member of the Nauvoo Legion.  Mary was born February 11, 1858, in Dowles, South Wales to John and Ann Griffiths Jones.  She came to America in 1866.  They were married March 30, 1882, and apparently had seven children: Mary Ann, Maud Elizabeth, John, William, Robert, Hazel and Ruben.  In 1900 they were living in Lehi on Sego Lily Street.  His patent for 120 acres south of Albert Preece was finalized March 17, 1887, the same day as Edward Harrison’s. 
In a history of the Lehi Beet Sugar Factory by Leonard J. Arrington, George's farm was named as the first place to grow sugar beets for the new factory in 1891.  That first year 1500 acres of beets were planted.  His acreage would have been on the NE corner of 9600 N., 6800 W., where the Highland South LDS Stake building now stands. 
George died December 12, 1931, in Lehi and Mary died July 30, 1958, also in Lehi and they are buried in the Lehi City Cemetery.  

[Find a Grave Memorial for George Lorenzo Comer]   [Names in Stone]

[Find a Grave Memorial for Mary Jones Comer]   [Names in Stone]

Source: HIGHLAND HISTORY: A compilation by Charles T Greenland II for the Highland Historical Society

Previous:  Coggins
Next:  Cooper 

Return to/View

Highland Historical Society Home Page
Highland Historical Society Mission Statement

Highland History Chapters (compiled by: Charles T Greenland II):

  1. Highland History
  2. The 1st Highland LDS Ward
  3. Water
  4. Mining
  5. Electricity Comes to Highland
  6. Famous Feature
  7. The People

1958 Highland Aerial Map - Interactive
1958 Highland Aerial Map - Large
1958 Highland Homes & Families (table with addresses)
Homesteaders' Map
Highland Censuse(and LDS Ward Membership List)